Some of the field recordings from theatre practitioners:
1. Scene after Macbeth kills Duncan (Dari language), as spoken by actor Sulaiman Sohrab Salem
2. A stanza of poetry reading from Persian classics ‘Shahnameh Ferdusi’, by actor Sulaiman Sohrab
3. Interview with voice actor, Samsoor Wahidi
4. Interview with voice and stage actor, Khanullah Rasa
5. Interview with Indian actor-director, Shalaka Ranadive, on ‘Friendly Fire’
Using stop-motion frames, the following clips were completed under my direction and management at T’wan Media Productions, and also in support of my NGO work at Cooperation for Peace and Unity (CPAU) in Kabul.
by Edmund Chow
For the story behind this animation, read an earlier blog: A Meltdown: Beggars and Veils and All Things Ail.
2. DEFINE PEACE
by Awais Khattak, 07 February 2013.
3. THREE FRIENDS ON HOLIDAY IN AFGHANISTAN
by 10-year-old Bilal Wafa, 28 February 2013.
4. NEST OF HOPE
Director: Toryalai Wahidi
Voice Actor: Bilal Wafa
Video Editor/Poet: Badr Abdullah
Sound Editor: Mina W
Advisor/Producer: Edmund Chow